Hello, there I have been neglectful. Honestly, it’s just because I’ve been hungry and would rather just eat my food than blog about it. Sorry?
I’ve had these last 3 pieces of my favorite fake bacon, appropriately called Fakin’ Bacon. It’s a tempeh kind, and it makes me very happy because it’s smokey and sweet. You won’t get that crispiness that murderbacon has, but it’s really quite good. I kept wanting to eat it with various things, but I decided that I’d save it to make myself a nice breakfast. And, to celebrate the fact that I actually got out of bed on time today, I decided that this day was the day to make myself that nice breakfast (as opposed to my protein smoothie).
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1 small-small medium sweet potato
- 3oz (85g) brocolli
- 1 serving of your choice of fake bacon (for me, this is 3 slices)
- 1 cup of sliced/diced tomatoes (I always prefer little tomatoes)
- 1/2 (or more, or less) of a jalapeno
- 1 small or 1/2 regular bell pepper of choice
- 1/4 (or more, or less) avocado
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees. I prefer the toaster oven because it’s more localized heat and doesn’t take as long, but if you don’t have one, your regular oven will do.
- Cut the sweet potato into small cubes and put them on your baking sheet.
- Make sure your broccoli is in small, bite-sized pieces and place them on your baking sheet as well.
- If your fake bacon is the kind that is best cooked baked, add it on there, too. If not, heat it up in whatever method works best for you.
- Bake your potato, broccoli, and possibly bacon in the oven until the broccoli is crisp and the potato is soft, about 20 minutes.
- While that’s happening, cut up your tomato, pepper, avocado, jalapeno, and make yourself a little guacamole.
- When your baking items are done getting awesome, cut up your bacon. Add everything to a bowl, and chow down. Yum.
Just so you know, this breakfast had a whopping 14 grams of protein. Not a bad way to start the day!