I’ve been eating a lot of sweet potatoes for the last year, if you haven’t noticed. I love them. I’ve been experimenting more with different ways to eat them. Today I decided to try a “shepard’s pie” kind of approach, utilizing the chili I made today (https://jackieisgreen.com/2015/01/05/bean-chili-basics/). It was awesome.
Ingredients (serves 1 as is, but obviously easy to adapt):
- 1 serving of bean chili (see link above)
- Note: I used garbanzo beans, black beans, white beans, and pinto beans, a can of diced tomatoes, 1 jalapeño, cumin, lemon pepper, smoked paprika, cayenne, turmeric, ground ginger, cinnamon, garlic, parsley, basil, and my favorite hot sauce.
- 1 small-medium sweet potato, peeled and mashed
- salt, pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, and garlic
- Beyond Beef beefy crumbles
- Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Take the serving of chili and put it in a ramekin, and mix in the Beyond Beef.
- Top the chili with the mashed sweet potato.
- If all of your ingredients are already warm, it only needs to bake for 8-10 minutes to get nice and hot. If they’re both cold, you’ll probably want closer to 20 or 30.
That’s it! If you’ve already made the chili, it’s super quick and east to throw together and make this.