- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or 2 servings of vegetable bullion, which is what I used)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, chopped into small pieces
- 1 shallot
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 servings tempeh bacon
- Baby mixed greens
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of tahini
- Boil the lentils in the veggie stock for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through and tender. Set aside, but keep warm!
- Broil the tempeh bacon until it becomes crispy, flipping once.
- Sauté carrot, mushroom, shallot, and garlic until the carrots become soft.
- Add the herbs/spices and sauté an additional 5 minutes. Add the lentils to mix.
- To make the dressing, put all ingredients into a container (if you find it a little tart, you can add some agave or other sweetener, but I wouldn’t add much!).
- Plate baby greens. Top with vegetable mix and lentils. Pour 1/2 the dressing over each serving. Top with 1/2 of the tempeh bacon each.